Monday 16 February 2009

February Break

This break is the longest break in 2 years since I have been in Australia. So far, I have done these things:

1. Meet friends and families - I have been going out with a few close friends and will be going out with them again before I fly into Australia again next month. I have met my sisters and brother and hang out with my parents. Drove around my dad's car because I have a really really pampered car.
2. Shopping - KL is a shopping haven. With the current currency exchange and the variety of choice it offers, I stocked up on my fashion-victim-collection from all over the place. I spent so much that I am starting to feel guilty but what the heck, its my turn to enjoy!
3. Eat, Eat, Eat - Oh, I am such not a big fan of Malaysian food due to its high dependency on rice-based meals but this time around, I have made a promise to myself to eat a lot of Malaysian food. Nasi Lemak, Laksa Utara, Nasi Dagang, Ulam Kacang Botol, and so on. Also that I have 'snatched' some of my mom's recipe books to bring back with me.
4. Cooking - I have shown my talent in cooking and guess what - my dad was impressed! Wow, imagine that. Being praised by your dad for such a simplistic cooking. I cooked Lamb Shank Casserole and he loved it. He said it was tasteful. It has enough beefy flavour, beans and veges to dig around in the stew, the lamb was tender and the sensation of eating was sublime...
5. Driving my car - I have the best car in the world.. oh, at least that is what I thought. So spending time with my car was excellent.
6. Going to art galleries and exhibitions - I spent my lunch going to galleries. So far, only Galeri Petronas but in the future will be National Art Gallery at Jalan Tun Razak and Islamic Gallery at the National Mosque. I have made a point to appreciate the existing insfrastructure of KL and I realized that if you do not try to see it with a foreign eyes, you will always take things for granted.
7. Painting - I have been painting even more and I have to go to the art shop to buy more good papers. Most of the paper I have seemed to be a bit thinner but I am suspecting about the ability of the paper to handle more water. So tomorrow I am going shopping for painting stuff.

So far, these are the things I have done. Not bad for 2 weeks of holidays. I have yet to organize a trip out of town but if I do, I will update about it in this blog. So till then, bye bye. I'll be back!

No comments: