Sunday 11 January 2009

6 New Year's Resolutions

During the sensation of getting into the new number of 2009, I've been thinking a lot about what my objectives would be this year. Well, here we go:

1. Be a better muslimah - I'll pray more, I'll savour more of religious moments, as I believed that there is always room for improvement. I have to say that 2008 was better than the year before but 2009 I'll try very very very hard to do even more. The feeling of triumph and satisfaction will be felt more with our action doing so. I've put the whole quran in my iPod, listening to it every now and then. I've been to the mosque a tad more than the year before. Well, however, I think I just have to do even more... ^_^

2. To finish my Master's degree - in any way I should or could, I must obtain a degree by this year. Either its hard or not, its a different story but it is indeed possible. I am tired of being in the dualistic position between being-my-own-person-and-responsible-for-my-own-living and help-I-still-need-daddy's-assistance. First position was acheived halfway last year when I started having a part-time job but this year I think I will be on the second position for a little while.

3. Try getting a real job to last - I just wish that I would not fall into the 'unemployed' group just yet. I have to say that I have 'loyalty' attached to my last name but sometimes people liked 'advantages' than the traditional 'trust'. So my days in limbo now consists of learning new things from the internet and read more books. I just have to finish one thing at a time to move on. A website would be good, or even the traditional portfolio.

4. Read more memorable books and keep a quote notebook - I executed the initiation of this one today. I bought myself a notebook so that I can jot down my favourite quotes from the books I've read. Maybe soon enough I can put up a website for it eh? Hopefully. =) Memorable books...well, not really but just books. I need to read the books in my cupboard back home so that I can shift them to the universal shelves to be shared by everyone.

5. To be more tidy and hands-on - This one refers to my homemaking skills. I have to say that I am a super-grub. I never fold my clothes straightaway after the washing has dried on the lines, it is hard for me to clean up a table after I used it. Well, sometimes I do whenever I felt like it, but the felt-like-it-moments would come about 10 times in a year. Homemaking skills needed practice and I am re-educating myself on this. I've planted some herbs in the garden, I've got myself a flower, and a few cactus. I've got bleach markings on my shirt(a sign of my hardwork), LOL.

6. ORGANISATION!!! - from number 5, we can conclude that organisation is vital to make things work. While I can be a goddess for making parties work, I am not sure about homemaking. Its the same to all of us. While we can make some work, we cant be all Miss Perfect and expected to handle all dirty stuffs with clean hands. I need to re-organise, and more organising. I need to make sure everything falls into its place, and if anything would go wrong, perhaps I should prepare some cushions for it too.

Well, I think 6 resolutions are hard enough to achieve, let alone 10. So all of us have to be grateful that we have achieved even one, or two of the list. One thing I know about making resolution is: make it possible to achieve!!! Dont go around thinking - I can be perfect because nobody can! We think we are already but our parents or friends may think otherwise.
Thats it. I'm going to do these 6 now! Till we meet again. Toodles...

No comments: